Preventative Maintenance in Roanoke, Texas
Preventative Maintenance is one of the best, cost-effective things you can do to extend the life of your car. Most people lead hectic lives and don’t really think about what their car might need until the check engine light comes on or when they start to notice a sound. A survey from the Car Care Council found that 89% of vehicles needed at least one service or repair.
In order to prevent expensive issues that will derail your routine, there are certain steps and checks that you can do to keep your car in good working order. Here is a good list of things you want to keep track of
- Fluids-make sure your fluid levels are topped off. This includes windshield washer fluid, antifreeze, oil, power steering, and brake fluids.
- Scheduled Maintenance-Every car and truck manufacturer has different specifications on things like timing belts/chains and other mileage specific events. It’s important to keep track and make sure those are being serviced at the mileage requested.
- Oil-Make sure you’re getting regular oil changes. It’s also important to look and make sure your oil isn’t empty getting low.
- Tires-Make sure your tire pressure levels are correct and make sure to look at the tread to see if you’re getting close to needing new tires.
- Windshield Wiper Blades-It’s important to look and see if how they are looking at least once a year. If they are starting to not wipe properly or starting to smear the windshield, it’s time to replace.
These are just a few things that with regular checking can help extend the lifetime of your car. A good tip we recommend is to get a small notebook and write down what you checked as well as the date and mileage.
Reference: Car Care Council-General Service Schedule-http://www.carcare.org/car-care-service-schedules/general-service-schedule/